Craig Harris, the founder and CEO of HGDATA in Santa Barbara sat down for a conversation with host Mark Sylvester for a wide-ranging talk that covered his early work as a Peace Corps volunteer in Paraguay and how lessons he learned there have guided him throughout his business career. He and Mark talked about several themes, including;
- What’s the meaning of HG and the Holy Grail
- What’s a Minimally Viable Expert?
- How do you create a workplace that’s compelling – attracting the best talent to your business
- Big Data and understanding a customers specific requirements
- Measuring results – another Holy Grail for businesses to consider
- Building a business in Santa Barbara and the funding environment, how it’s changing so quickly
Craig is also a partner with the 805connect project and we appreciate his guidance and support from the very earliest days of the effort. We profiled them in a special post which you can read here.
Buzzword Bingo: Unstructured data