Caught between Connection and CuriosityJudy Hawkins, principal at Ruby Road Leadership and the facilitator of the Business Giving Roundtable had a lively talk with Mark Sylvester about giving back, the social sector and social enterprises.
Bring on the good news.”Topics included;
- The Business Giving Roundtable, background and where it fits in the local non-profit scene
- How the BGR supports entrepreneurs
- How you build giving into the business model
- Trend: Women business owners think about giving back during the formation of their business.
- Giving back is how we are a part of the Community
- How the business world and the social sector are becoming more hybridized
- What the Partners for Excellence Conference is and how it’s unique to the region
This year, both Noozhawk and PacCoast Business Times covered the conference.
- What are the things that set this area apart?
- – We have a connection to the natural world
- – Our spirit of generosity
- – We’re caught between connection and curiosity
- Why it’s important to have a signature style
- What it means to have an entrepreneurial culture – and how you recognize it if you saw it:
- – An interest in creativity
- – A willingness to lead with intuition
- – Thinking about being a part of the Community – a client community, your town
- Ways to Serve:
- – Volunteer – serve on a local board
- – Show up and pitch in at an event
- – In-kind services from your business