“Treat me like your Doctor.”Ray suggests you be candid with your agent. The more you talk about the inner workings of your business, the more they can help. Ray Clem, one of the members of Tolman & Wiker Insurance Services, sat with Mark and Patrick to put a human face and plain talk to the sometimes complex topic of business insurance. What was refreshing is that Ray helped us both understand the nuances of the need for protection with an eye and ear towards keeping things uncomplicated. We got the sense that he’s not bad at explaining.
Unfortunately, we end up working with people on their worst day ever.”This wide-ranging conversation covered a lot of ground including:
- A bit about how Ray got into his current role as a Business Insurance expert
- What’s the secret to projecting and predicting when and where you need coverage?
- Risk Management
- What’s the best part of his job: Relationships. Note: We hear this a lot. Maybe we should do a special playlist about Relationships.
- You’ll want to listen to the Lawnmower Story.
- We talked at length about Prevention, Financing, and Education
- Why Ray is so focused on helping businesses, protect their most valuable assets.
- There was a good discussion about Cyber-liability and Data-liability
Ray did a great job representing our partner, Tolman & Wiker and made us rethink how we’ll approach our next conversation.
Disclosure: introNetworks, the parent Company that produces 805conversations is a client of Tolman & Wiker, and they provide coverage for our various projects, TEDxSantaBarbara, and Kymberlee’s company, Strategic Samurai – both mentioned on the show.