Taste adventurously and indulge with purpose.
Katie Belanger is the founder of Cinnies
and co-founder of HoneyButter Food Co
. She speaks with host Mark Sylvester about how she followed her passion all the way from the chilly midwest to Ventura and eventually Santa Barbara. Katie studied food and beverage management and found herself working at Whole Foods in Ventura when she discovered a clever business idea.
Waffles are the new crepe.
- WEV – The Women’s Economic Venture program and how it shaped Katie’s business skills
- Winning the top prize on reality cooking show, On the Menu – her winning entry is now on the Planet Hollywood menu
- Giving back with purpose and intention – how she gives proceeds from her efforts to increasing awareness in substance abuse and mental illness
- How she deals with rejection
- What we don’t know about waffles and why that’s a great business idea for her to pursue
- The role of persistence in the makeup of the entrepreneur
- Her idea for what her next venture might look like
You can find these delicious morsels at several locations in Santa Barbara