Be passionate about the problem.
Dan Ball, Program Manager at the new HUB 101 at the Center for Entrepreneurship in Westlake talked with host Mark about running an incubator and co-working space. HUB 101 is a part of California Lutheran University.
There was a lot of ground covered in this conversation, including:
- what’s the target demographic for the HUB?
- The “School for Startups” – 10-week program
- Stress-test your idea with real customers
- Recycling success back into the community
- Think of us as a gym membership for entrepreneurs
- Classes and Programming
- Startup Boot Camp – PACE program in the evening
- High School student consultant story – a great one
- Market Validation
- Success Stories – 80 members now since the first of the year
- Metrics for success
- Event attendance – it’s growing
- Funded projects – attracting investors
- Getting a nice mix of people to the space
- Quantified success of the members
- Coaching and Mentoring